April 17, 2009

The Swan XL Floor Lamp An Attractive Monster

The Swan XL Floor Lamp An Attractive MonsterWhat do you think of this lamp for your first look? It seems to me like big monster. Actually this Swan XL Floor lamp is a larger lamp taking aspect of our ordinary table lamp (Yes, this one is bigger). Just try to think that you are walking below this lamp, how do you feel?

This Swan XL Floor Lamp is designed by Eero Aarnio for Finland based manufacturer Martela.

I wanted to give these components a new, modern form and this led to the creation of Swan XL. It is not just a larger version of the table lamp, however. I’ve altered the dimensions to make it work better as a floor lamp. To ensure that the design was functional, I made life-size drawings of the XL version to see what it would look like next to my favourite armchair.

[eeroaarnio]

0 Responses to “The Swan XL Floor Lamp An Attractive Monster”

Post a Comment

All Rights Reserved Zone Gadget